Central authentication service is used to authenticate users by usernanme and password for:
- Charles University Information system applications,
- faculty information systems and computing facilities,
- setting secondary password in the following systems:
- identity federation eduID.cz, that enables access to many service providers, most notably:
- electronical resources portal of Charles University,
- medical learning portals of MEFANET,
- e-learning system Moodle.
Some applications require passwords with higher level of assurance, verified passwords (see below for password setup rules).
The purpose of CAS existence is to enable users to use the same username and password everywhere possible.
If you are not sure what your username is, user your personal number as printed on identity card below photograph.
Initial passwords are generated for you at the card issuing offices. These password have limited lifetime and are valid for five days. You have to change initial password within before it expires.. If you fail to change the initial password before it expires, you will need to visit card issuing office to get a new one. Password obtained this way are considered verified.
Faculty of Science, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics and Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové do not permit this way of setting passwords and require verified password for their staff and students.
If you forget your password, you can get a new one after filling in some personal information using this form. Passwords set this way are considered less trustworthy and you will lose access to some applications.
To get full access to all applications you have to obtain new password by visiting card issuing office or contact person.
If you need more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.